Tuesday, April 22, 2008

What the hell were they thinking?

One of my children had softball practice today. I noticed one of the assistant coaches pull out a can of chew and put in a big dip. I saw another assistant coach walk out onto the field and bum a chew off of him. They each proceeded to spit all over the place.

Are you as shocked as I am???? I mean...in my book, real men swallow their chew.....spitting is for weinies!!!

Ok, kidding aside, what were these men thinking? Now...I am not completely upset or horrified by it. I just thought it was bad judgement and in extremely poor taste.

Maybe I should have been more upset about it?

Should I have said something to the coach?

Should I just keep my mouth shut but talk to my son about it and use it as a teaching experience?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Um, didn't you used to take a dip yourself in the back row of English class every now and again? (You're going to erase this before your kids read it, aren't you?)

Personally, I think spitting where someone in bare feet might step in it, or where some kid might come sit to eat their lunch is pretty danged gross.

Were these people we went to school with?

Anonymous said...

I was not an adult standing in the middle of a bunch of 4th and 5th graders that I was coaching.

And it was Science class. Or maybe both.

My kids already know I was far from perfect:)

Leilani