Friday, April 18, 2008

Love Advice From Toad 3.29.08

Maggie is my 8 year old niece. She has had a crush on a particular boy now for a couple of years but recently this boy was "going out" with another girl. Yes, these are second graders. I heard her talking to my 7 year old daughter about it last week:

Maggie: Hey Toad. ****** doesn’t like ****** anymore and now he likes me again!

Toad: Really?

Maggie: Yeah! He likes me again!

Toad: Well, you need to tell him it’s too late.....the Maggie Train has left the building. WHOOT WHOOT! (raising her arm up and down as if pulling a train whistle.)


Excellent bit of advice, I thought.

2 comments:

caseyoconnell said...

Where on earth did she pick that up? It's genius.

Leilani said...

I am not sure. I think we had watched the Garfield movie around that time. I know there was a train in the movie. Somehow it must have came from that.