Friday, April 18, 2008

Out for Delivery! Warning: Girlie Girl Blog Ahead.

Last week, at the recommendation of an old friend of mine, I purchased some cosmetics from E.L.F. She swore it was as good of quality as M.A.C. I was very excited about this as almost everything at E.L.F. is only 1$!!
After ordering it, they sent me a tracking number and I found out it was going to take a whole week to get to me. Grrrrr! I am more of the instant gratification type but I had to wait, so I have been tracking the package all week and here is what it said this morning:

Mc Call Id, US 3/25/2008 6:33 A.M OUT FOR DELIVERY

Whoo hoo! I tracked it all week through Saddlebrook, NJ then Hodgkins IL. It spent the weekend all lonely in some UPS warehouse in Commerce City, Co. It finally made it to Boise at 3 a.m this morning then to McCall at 6 a.m. where it was sent out with good ol’ BURT the UPS dude who will deliver to me this afternoon!

I am crossing my fingers. Like most women, I love make-up and lotions and potions and smelly things of all sorts. Last time I went into M.A.C. to purchase my favorite eye shadow it was nearly $15! I almost fell over. The last time I purchased eyeshadow there it was only $11, which is still too expensive.

So anyway, we ordered over 30 items from E.L.F. and we are going to have a PARTEEE when it gets here this afternoon. It will be like Christmas opening up all those packages. Can’t wait!

We’ll let you know how it works out.

3 comments:

caseyoconnell said...

I'm not so sure about the use of the adjective "old" when describing me, my dear.

So how did you like it??? I've discovered that I can dampen a makeup brush and apply the dark eyeshadow like eyeliner and it stays put. MAC totally does not do that.

Leilani said...

It was mostly decent.

I did end up liking the tinted moisturizer a lot. I
don't really consider it foundation.I like it if I
am going to be active. I like the SPF and it doesn't
run.

I don't like the shadows as much as Mac but
for the price they are decent. The real test is "Would
I buy them again?" mmm, no.

Like the brushes, the eyelash curler is the best ever.
Lip plumper was great.

The white eye pencil was neat.

Definitely worth the money I paid for it.

caseyoconnell said...

What color tinted moisturizer did you get? I got 2 of them and I'm going to stick with my regular foundation instead. You can have 'em.